Saturday 1 December 2012

Opening Battles

Having decided on GK I went about putting together enough points to attend the weekly games night at my local friendly games store Dark Sphere.
Battle 1: 1250 GK including some SM allies vs. Chaos Space Marines.
Result: crushing defeat.
Lessons Learnt: I have no idea what I am doing/ do not get into close combat with Chaos Champion-thingy/ must read the rule books in more detail.

Battle 2: 1250 GK including some SM allies vs. Chaos Demons
Result: crushing defeat.
Lessons Learnt: see Battle 1, but replace 'Chaos Lord-thingy' with 'Great-Big-Khorne-Demon-Thingy'

Battle 3: 1250-ish GK vs. Chaos Space Marines
Result: Crushing Defeat.
Lessons Learnt: do not play against people who are much much more experienced than myself. It is not fun.

Battle 4: 1250-ish GK vs. Imperial Guard
Result: Crushing Defeat.
Lessons learnt: walking terminators into massed lasguns and heavy artillery is not a good idea. Terminator armour comes with deep strike capability for a reason. Justicar Thawn rocks! A roll of 4+ would have seen me draw rather than lose (naturally I rolled a 2 - more on my dice later).

No comments:

Post a Comment